[Advaita-l] Book Recommendation - Scientist's Search for Truth - Swami Virajeshwara

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 01:23:54 EST 2019

Yes Sriram ji
Thank you for that post related to
Swami Tattvavidanandaji as a venerable shrotriya who is proficient in the
traditional prakriyas to help the student arrive at AtmaGYAnam through the
very words of Shruti.

Swami Virajeshwara ji was an austere yogi mahAtmA and has more of an yoga
experience-based approach rather than looking upon Shruti as a pramANa to
directly unfold brahmaGYAnam.

For example -
Excerpt from his book -
(The part in the book preceding this passage quoted below makes it clear
that 'Energy' is what is called 'E' in Einstein's energy mass equation
viz., E=mc~2 which is what all matter is reduced to ie., its the
jagatkAraNam. There is no mention of any cetana tattvaM as jagatkAraNam
etc.)
 In the 18th chapter, the author vividly describes the experiene  (sic) of
the  “sakshatkara” (self-realization) as follows:

*“Who is this ‘I’? I went several rounds, back and forth: Everything is
Energy, everything is Brahma, then who is this ‘I’?*

*The ‘I’ which was so obviously perspicuous, which never needed even a
moment’s thought to know till now, appeared illusively enigmatic, the most
concealed and perplexing secret. A thing which was. so far clearly the
knower and the subject, now suddenly turned an unknown object to be known,
and the most difficult one. I was fully engrossed with this single thought,
with so deep a concentration that I never knew before, for quite some time.*

*Then in one spark, the answer flashed. ‘I’ is:*

*SHOONYA*

*‘I’ is nothing, it is naught, a cipher. A non-entity. It does not exist.
‘I’ is a mere nonexistent ego. It has no existence, no place on earth. All
this was in deep samadhi.*

*That was it.”*

*Om*