[Advaita-l] A response my original post.

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Feb 11 03:03:14 EST 2019

Therefore, it needs to be concluded that those are mere stories. Therefore, it needs to be concluded that those are mere stories.

prNAms
Hare Krishna

If I remember right according to bhAshyakAra itihAsa means episodes those have been narrated in veda-s, thence is the pramANa.  If we push aside  incidents like this as mere kAlpanika stories then we may have to deduct whole lot of portion in veda-vedAnta as mere stories and characters played there are mere imaginary.  Now the question is whether veda-s written after all these incidents taken place over a period of time !!?? na...they ( the traditional stand)  have some other justification / clarification about it which is other than taking these incidents and characters mere imaginary.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
Bhaskar