[Advaita-l] A response my original post.

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 00:23:41 EST 2019

Post by Shree Sudhanshu - which says does not appear on the lists for some reason.I am forwarding it for the benefit of others.Hari Om!Sadananda
   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Sudhanshu Shekhar <sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com>To: "kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com" <kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com>Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019, 10:42:51 AM GMT+5:30Subject:
 Hari Om,
Shankaracharya does not appear to make a distinction between Veda or Vedanta. Both are quotes by him as Shruti. Thus, prohibition to women and Shudras as to study of Vedas apply squarely to Vedanta also.
As regards the discussion on Gargi etc, we should appreciate that Vedas are eternal. And consequently, the events mentioned therein are not historical events. They cannot be for it would militate against their eternity. Therefore, it needs to be concluded that those are mere stories.
Regards,Sudhanshu.