[Advaita-l] asat & asatya / sat & satya

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Aug 22 04:06:59 EDT 2019

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Thanks for the clarification.  Frankly speaking,  this is the first time in my advaita journey I am hearing all these things.  Did anyone in ancient Advaita tradition follow this method of interpretation to make the jagat safe from asat/mithya??  Does the Swamiji quote any vyAkhyAnakAra with regard to this if not directly from shankara bhAshya??  And now the big question is where the avidyA fits in this scenario or should we assume all these different interpretations pertain only to jagat and brahman as per swamiji??  If the avidyA is mithyA/asat then avidyA in its mUla rUpa abhAva only according to swamiji.  If the avidyA is not asat but sat (the existing one) then it is there in some form.  Or if the avidyA is neither sat nor asat then it is anirvachaneeya or abhAva vilakshaNaM.  What is swamiji’s take on this issue.  Pls. clarify.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

Yes. Sorry. Asat is neither satya nor asatya.