[Advaita-l] The Foundations of Adhyāsa - 8 (The Three States)

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 05:43:08 EST 2018

Namaste Bhaskarji

Just some thoughts on svarUpa jnAna below..

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 3:55 PM Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> praNAms Sri Ravi Kiran prabhuji
>
> Hare Krishna
>

> I must say here I am only sharing my thoughts based on the traditional
> belief (or should  I say most popular belief) that advocates jnAni-s deha
> dhAsraNa (not ofcourse from the ajnAnis’ point of view) his avidyA lesha
> like digbhrAnti, his prArabdha karma, his rAga dvesha etc.  Infact I have
> my own reservations with regard to all this  which are not so tenable to
> the most of the advaitins J Lot of things has been discussed with regard
> to jnAni’s BMI and his rAga-dvesha but in vain J While on the subject,
> br.up somewhere says, when all the desires residing in one’s heart have
> been got rid of, then the mortal becomes immortal and brahman here in this
> life.  Just as the cast-off slough of a snake would lie lifeless in an
> ant-hill, so also does the body of the enlightened person lie there and he
> is NOW BODILESS (ashareeri) the prANa, brahman alone, the light of pure
> consciousness alone.  But statements like this has comfortably tagged to
> inert state like nirvikalpa samAdhi to get the verbatim meaning of
> bhAshyakAra.  Whereas it is saying the intrinsic nature of ashareeratvaM is
> revealed as soon as svarUpa jnana dawns.

Will it not call for steadying that svarUpa jnAna  which is illumined
without any further samshaya or viparyaya?

  And the same Upanishad subsequently says the person who know HIM directly
> in this manner desiring what??

There is a reference in Brih. upanishad regarding YAGYavalkya taking
to pravrajyA
(Vidvat)  for steadiness in jnAna ?

Thanks