[Advaita-l] Previous Kali Yugas in Shastras?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jun 13 07:41:26 EDT 2018

Reg  <<I think with this way of perception, anyone can push any pet theory in the name of shruti and claim that their siddhAnta might be / will be there in the non-available portion of shruti-s.  How can we sort out this problem ?? >>,

It is not a question of perception. It is what is stated by Acharyas.  Once it is accepted that the available Shrutis are truncated versions, if someone claims that his view is what is stated in the now nonavailable portions of the Shrutis and he got a glimpse of the same through a vision, its validity or invalidity cannot be proven through currently accepted norms we are used to. It is a matter of faith. That is exactly how there are a whole host of persons who are not accepting the currently available versions of the Shrutis as well, let alone the nonavailable ones. The question raised is not a new one.

praNAms prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Yes, you are absolutely right, it is completely depend on faith, unconditional Shraddha in their traditional Acharya's vAkya.  For us, advaitins, some portion of the text is manually written kArika and the same text is apaurusheya shruti as per the understanding of tattvavAdins.  It is their belief and they are living with it and same is the case with us as well.  Yes, the question is not a new one but still awaiting an unanimous solution / answer.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar