[Advaita-l] What do we interact with as people?

Kathirasan brahmasatyam at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 21:07:57 EDT 2018

Namaste

This reply is not a disagreement to your post but rather an additional point.

The need for such discussions arise as a modern problem since the lines that separated the nivrtti dharma and pravrtti dharma got blurred. The need to interact with people and the hows, whys, whats were of no concern to the itinerant sannyasi who had renounced the world and spent his time in atmavicara.

This blurring of the line had made people with pravrtti disposition to adopt nivrtti attitudes which go against their disposition. These could be caused by the large scale proliferation of Vedanta teachings without assessing their adhikara.

When this happens, people do no know how to treat people in vyavahara. For example, people who should be vanquishing the enemy (like the Kshatriyas) would often forgive them due to compassion. And eventually this may weaken the very varna dharma that has been placed for the flourishing of our society.

Kathirasan K

Sent from my iPhone