[Advaita-l] Madalasa Song

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sat Jul 7 00:37:38 EDT 2018

On Fri, 6 Jul 2018, K Kathirasan via Advaita-l wrote:

> Namaste
>
> Does anyone know the exact reference (verse/chapter no) of this beautiful excerpt? Thank you
>
> Kathirasan K

There are several different recensions of the Markandeya Purana but in the
one I have (Nag Publishers reprint of Nirnaya Sagar edition of the
Markandeya Mahapurana,) the stories of King Kuvalayashva and his Queen
Madalasa are in adhyayas 18-23.

The particular shlokas Shri Subrahmanian cites are approximately shlokas
9b - 16a in the 23rd adhyaya but there are several differences in the
patha in this edition from what he has given.