[Advaita-l] The 'Snake-and-ladder' game - The Spiritual path

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 22:07:38 EDT 2018

Raghavji,

शब्दजालं महारण्यं चित्तभ्रमणकारणम्
Using language in order to express something which is not subject of
language and beyond language leads to problems.
As far as I am concerned  advaita is a matter of experience and not of
discussion. Tradition is huge bundle of trash which may contain
a few truths. It is not economical to process this trash for those few
truths. If they are truths we will come across them anyway.
I do not think any useful purpose is served by discussions about the
utility of tradition.

Thank you for your post.
regards,
Sarma.

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 6:49 AM Raghav Kumar Dwivedula <
raghavkumar00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Namaste Sarma ji
> yanmanasaa na manute does not mean Aatma GYAnam cannot be taught by guru
> through shAstra . Thats a wrong translation.
>
> You also have to look at 'manasA Eva idam aaptavyam' . Nishprapancham
> prapanchyate' etc.  It  only means Aatma cannot be *objectified* by the
> mind. Maybe you have heard of the nuance called absence of phala vyApti
> etc.,all issues taking us away in to other topics. So i stop here after
> reiterating that
> ShAstra is more than just a indicator of some distant truth - its a direct
> means of knowledge to reveal the Aatma svarUpam here and now for someone
> who studies it under a proper Guru after fulfilling the prerequisites.
>
> Anyway, you do not accept the Vedas as a pramANam , since you feel that
> the vedas are blackmailing  you in to submission - a view based on
> misreading the  Vedas  - so it's better to discuss other issues that you
> believe in and move on.
>
> Om
>

> On Fri 10 Aug, 2018, 9:49 PM D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ, <
> dvnsarma at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Raghavji,
>> I already know all 1 and 2.
>> Third point is wrong. Aatma cannot be taught either by a guru or a
>> sastra. Aatma they say is not an object of knowledge.(yanmnsaa na manute)
>> It is knowledge itself.
>> Also you are contradicting your second statement that it is not something
>> to be achieved.
>>
>> Thank you for your post.
>> regards,
>> Sarma.
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 9:30 PM Raghav Kumar Dwivedula <
>> raghavkumar00 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Namaste Sarma ji
>>> Amongst several other things your statement - SAstras(upanishads)
>>> indicate that there is a state that has to be achieved *that is all* -
>>> is not at all right.
>>>
>>> 1. It's not a state
>>> 2. It's not something new to be achieved