[Advaita-l] DSV in the advaitasiddhi: no anavasthA doSha in dRShTi-sRShti

Anand Hudli anandhudli at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 6 11:48:46 EDT 2017

What do you mean by outside the scope of DSV?

When you say avidya is anAdi, do not assume it exist from anAdi times. Do
not forget, one of the definition of mithyatvaM is it is a pratiyOgi for
negation at all three times (past, present & future). Since anAdi is time
aspect of past and present, such anAdi six entities are equally
non-existent as you are suppose to do niShEda in the past.

By simply taking avidya (and other six entities) outside of scope of DSV
will not protect them from definition of mithya.  So you have to admit,
either DSV is short of covering all mithya entities (avyApti dOSha), or
call those six entities are not mithya.

This has been discussed before. I would not like to repeat myself. Please
go through the archives and you will find the answers.

Anand