[Advaita-l] Trimurtis are created of Pancha bhūta-s - Shankara

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 10:05:03 EST 2017

Dear Sri Chandramouli ji,

Do the portions cited by you contradict the ones cited by me?  When it is
said ' atra  cha  parameshvarasya pa~nchatanmAtrAdyutpattau,
saptadashAvayavopeta-li~NgasharIrotpattau,  hiraNyagarbhasthUlasharIrotpattau
cha,  sAkShAtkartRRitvam |' it should not be forgotten that God, in the
context of creation, is already defined by this very text, that I have
cited: Brahman, with māyā association resolves to create.  This element of
Māyā is the pariṇāmi upādāna kāraṇam for the pancha sukṣma bhūtas and from
them the linga sharira, of both Hiranyagarbha and other jivas. So, when God
is the sākśāt kāraṇam, it is only through/with the association of māyā.
Thus, Hiranyagarbha is prakrti kāryam. The text wants to distinguish the
stage up to which Brahman is the direct cause and the stage from which
Hiranyagarbha is the cause.

regards
subbu