[Advaita-l] Fwd: Rama and Krishna are Jiva-s - Mahabharata

Kalyan kalyan_kg at yahoo.com
Wed May 24 12:14:57 EDT 2017

Sri Praveenji

Yes, Mbh is not the only source. I talked about Mbh because the original poster, Sri Subrahmanian, referred to it.

Yes, Shankara's definition of Ishwara is broad, but he unambiguously considers Krishna as Ishwara.

For your third point, the idea that Vishnu is Ishwara is present in the upanishads (narayana suktam). If it were not present, even Shankara would not have accepted. So the vaishnavas are well justified in calling themselves as vedantins. Shaivas too would be similarly justified.

Regards
Kalyan