[Advaita-l] Dayanand Saraswathi interview - Very interesting stand taken by Swami

Kripa Shankar kripa.shankar.0294 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 12:30:33 CST 2017

This is why it's impossible to debate on philosophical grounds. Because people try to reconcile with their own understanding. Anyasya abhavam happens only during samadhi. If I knock on someone's door and get the reply - who's there? , what should I answer? Or should I ask the question back - who is that who is asking me who's there?

Para vidya stands on apara vidya. Apara vidya is not a joke, it's not vain exercise. It's not an illusion. Without aparA vidya, if the shastras only taught para vidya, then the Brahma Sutras would have been a blank page. A teacher would be equal to a stone. Upanishads would consist of nothing. ‎

Please forgive me if I say anything wrong but Mixing up para and apara in cheesy one liners is not Vedanta. It's not the pinnacle of shankara siddhanta. It is in a way, mocking the philosophy. Something like a parody.

Again, if you are willing to analyse it critically, then you have to consider that there is no tvam pada in this self-inquiry method.

Regards
Kripa ‎

yo vedAdau svaraH prokto vedAnte cha pratiShThitaH |
tasya prakRRiti-lInasya yaH parassa maheshvaraH ||