[Advaita-l] [advaitin] The Bhashyas of Adi Shankara

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 23:43:11 CST 2017

We may also note that Amalananda, the author of the Kalpataru on the
Bhamati, 13CE has stated that the Prapanchasara is of Bhagavatpada and
cited a verse from there in the Kalpataru.

Madhusudana Saraswati has stated in the Siddhantabindu, a commentary on the
Daśaśloki that it is of Shankara.

Vidyaranya in the Panchadashi has acknowledged the Vākyavrtti as that of
Shankara.

Madhusudana Saraswati has also cited a line in the Gudharthadipika from a
famous 'Vishnushatpadi stotram' attributed to Shankara.

Vishveshvara Sraswati, his guru, in the Yatidharma sangraha, has cited
verses from the Vakyavritti and the Brahmanuchintanam as those of Shankara.

Based on the above it looks like the several other works apart from the
bhashyas are accepted in the tradition as that of Shankara.

regards
subbu