[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Pāśupata, Pāncharātra, etc. composed by Śiva and Viṣṇu as mohaka śāstra

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 11:22:52 EST 2017

Then you say there are two categories.Vedabahyas, sinners mentioned in the
sloka.
I agree that sloka can be interpreted so. (But that is not the way this
discussion started. It was assumed that Vedabahyas are the papis.)
So vedabahyas do not belong to papi category. Who are these papis. Since
they are separately mentioned from vedabahyas they must belong to the
vaidika category. Remember we can divide people only as vaidikas and
vedabahyas.
So tantras are created to delude papi vaidikas. Tantras are created to
protect vedabahyas and not to delude them.

regards,
Sarma.