[Advaita-l] How many margas for mukti

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 01:53:12 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Kriya ji,

Somewhere MadhusUdan sarasvatI in his gItA commentary has said that since
karma and Jnana are opposite, the intermediate step is bhakti. The bhakti
of smArta / Advaita is different than pure bhakti movements like vaiShNava
bhakti. In smArta, after one is sufficiently matured, one drops form and
contemplates on nirguNa Brhaman. In vaiShNava bhakti, one does not even
want moksha, but keep worshiping his IshTa devatA. One wants to constantly
serve and be in intimate relationship with IshTa devatA.

Neither karma, nor advaita bhakti can be done without bhakti. So bhakti
accompnies them both. In karma kANDa, there is devotion to upAsya deva and
in advaita bhakti is done with abheda bhAva with SAnta bhAva.

Hari OM

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Kripa Shankar via Advaita-l <