[Advaita-l] Shruti prAmANya and jnAna

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 22:25:34 CDT 2016

Namaste Srinathji,

On 5 Oct 2016 1:47 am, "Srinath Vedagarbha via Advaita-l" <

> On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 8:46 AM, श्रीमल्ललितालालितः via Advaita-l <
>

> > Another thing to consider, there are two types of prAmANya, tested and
> > otherwise.
> > Tested one needs all what I said. Untested is svataH and is saved by
> > apauruSheyatva.
> >

> There are no such thing as two types of prAmANya. It is either prAmANya or
> aprAmANya.

If a person has jaundice and sees the world yellow, does his sight have
pramANya or does it have aprAmANya? And how will you land there without
testing?

Moreover, advaitins reach advaita by tAtparyanirNaya, which is testing of
prAmANya. Else it would be blind faith which takes all contradictory
statements of shruti as-is and then one is likely to lose even that faith.