[Advaita-l] GunAtIta and jIvanmukta

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 04:52:54 CDT 2016

praNAms,

By saying 'this still mind is rooted in Brahman. I take cessation of
vritti-s as destruction of mind.' I mean
Step 1: through akaNDAkAra vritti, mind merges in Brahman.
Step 2: Merging leads to only residual Brahman
Step 3: Repeated merging destroys mind, hence destroys all vritti-s
Step 4: jivan mukti

NS means rising beyond guNa-s. It is of non-dual in nature. in NS there is
no mind. jivanmutka's mind is pseudo, his ego is pseudo, necessary to
maintain link with body in order to do some work. But a jivanmukta can stay
as Brahman without the need of mind.

This is what I mean.

Still I will think on it, and come back if needed. Thanks to all those who
have contributed.

OM
Sujal