[Advaita-l] Shakti worship in Advaita and Other Topics

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 01:59:35 CST 2016

Namaste,

This is in relation to this article and similar other articles
we have seen on this form recently. Since the topic here is
related to mother godess, I thought of offering a clarification.
It is not my intention to stretch this discussion into a debate.

The Adi mAtA that is described in durgA saptashati is NOT
pArvati, lakshmi or sarasvati. She is NOT the spouse of
shiva, vishnu or brahma. She is their mother - this is very
clearly described in rahasya traya whose translation has been
shared by shri Jaldhar on this list.

http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2009-September/022572.html
http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2009-September/022595.html
http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2009-September/022600.html