[Advaita-l] About Satyakama

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 06:15:36 CDT 2016

"बह्वहं चरन्ती परिचारिणी यौवने त्वामलभे ।
साहमेतन्न वेद यद्गोत्रस्त्वमसि ।"

Should we not attach some significance to the word "यौवने". Why should she
mention about the service to many people here? Does not a cause and effect
relationship suggest itself between begetting Satyakama and serving many?
If she was the wife of a brahmin through whom she bore Satyakama and forgot
his gotra, the simplest and straightforward thing is to say  "I do not
remember your father's gotra". She does not say that she does not
"remember" the gotra. She says she does not "know" the gotra. All these
things should be taken into account when interpreting the text.

regards,
Sarma.

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Shashwata Shastri via Advaita-l <