[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 08:09:53 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Chandramouli ji,

I'm sorry but I don't see how you draw the conclusion that PrakashAnanda
only accepts ज्ञानाध्यास, and not अर्थाध्यास - the two always occur
together, I haven't encountered a situation where one exists but not the
other.

By definition, ज्ञानाध्यास  is an अविद्या  वृत्ति located in the kAraNa
sharIra. Now if you say that PrakashAnanda holds that only jnAnAdhyAsa
occurs, with no corresponding arthAdhyAsa outside, how can one account for
the specific location perceived of external objects, in statements like "I
see a snake there", "silver here" etc?

Please can you elaborate for the reasons that led you to such a conclusion?

Such an interpretation would be akin to the AtmakhyAti of vijnAna vAda, not
the anirvachanIya khyAti of advaita, which includes PrakashAnanda's
prakriya.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan
On 10 Jun 2016 12:41 p.m., "H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l" <