[Advaita-l] Did Vyaasa mean Athaato Vishnu Jijnaasaa or Shiva Jijnaasaa?

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 05:04:59 CDT 2016

Thanks Subbuji. You saved me from typing a long email.

eka - there is only one

deva - here, the chidrUpa of Atma is meant. दीव्यति स्वयं प्रकाशे इति देवः
Please also see Kena Upanishad - क उ देवो युनक्ति?

sarva bhuteshu gUdha: - who is found in all bodies, but remains hidden.
This consciousness principle is hidden, as it were, in the cave of the
heart

sarva vyApi - not only is that consciousness principle inside the heart, it
is all pervading

sarva bhUtAntarAtma - the very meaning of the word "I" used by beings.

karma adhyaksha: - as the witness, he is the presiding principle, the
knower of all karmAs.

sarva bhUta adhivAsa - the adhishthAnam - the sarvAdhAra of the world

sAkshi - the witness principle, the knower of the mind

chetA - one who lends consciousness to the body mind complex.
chaitanyaprada:

kevala: - non dual, without a second one. sajAtiya, vijAtiya, svagata bheda
rahita:

nirguNa: ca - attribute free

Regards

Venkatraghavan

On 25 Jul 2016 10:09 a.m., "V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l" <