[Advaita-l] Understanding Reality in the Vision of Advaita Vedanta

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 00:32:10 CDT 2016

Namaste

I heard some Buddhist theory has accepted Dependent Arising. All
things in the world are dependent on something. There is no
independent thing.

But in Advaita a Mithya Vastu is accepted as Illusion only. It is like
a snake illusion of rope. This is the correct meaning of Mithyaatva.
Advaita is not saying dependent reality is Mithya.

Probably we can say Dvaitis borrowed the dependent reality idea from
Buddhists. They converted the sentence Nothing is independent reality
in the world to Everything in the world is dependent reality and God
alone is Independent reality.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh