[Advaita-l] sushupati anubhava of jnAni and ajnAni

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 09:13:33 CST 2016

Sri Praveen Ji,

Reg  << Not the rope-snake, but here your very example of desert water
works well.
Having known that the water is nothing but its adhiShThAna desert sand, one
doesn't stop seeing it as water, because the refraction superimposing water
on the desert sand continues. Yet, one doesn't take it to be real water. >>

and  << Only for vikShepa itself to be taken as real, AvaraNa is necessary
.>>,

Would it not be more appropriate to state that what was निरुपाधिक भ्रान्ति
(nirupAdhika bhrAnti ) prior to Jnana becomes सोपाधिक भ्रान्ति (sopAdhika
bhrAnti ) after attainment of Jnana ?? The corresponding illustration would
be that of moonlight and the moon itself.  भ्रान्ति (bhrAnti ) continues as
long as the उपाधि (upAdhi)  lasts, but its reality does not.

Just a thought.

Regards

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 1:53 PM, Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <