[Advaita-l] Is study of Vedanta necessary?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Feb 1 23:34:16 CST 2016

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Just forgotten to share this.

3. Is Vedanta necessary but not sufficient - if so what-else is needed?

With regard to this question, one may think based on shankara's bhAshya,  yes, for the brahma jignAna, unlike in dharma jignAsa vedA/shAstra is not the ONLY pramANa but 'anubhavaAdi' other pramANa-s also equally valid pramANa.  This may give room to think that apart from vedAnta there are some other valid means of knowledge as well to do the brahma jignAsa.  But here point to be noted here those 'other' valid means should comply with shruti (shruti sammata, shrutyukta tarka and anubhava).

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar