[Advaita-l] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!?? - Samanvaya

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 08:19:04 CDT 2016

Agreed - Here nAma rUpa is satya only as Brahman, viewed
separate/distinct/different from it, it is anrita.

So when looking at a pot, if we say "that I am", then we are saying that
the svarUpa of the pot is Brahman, and that I am. When looking at a pot,
and saying there is a pot, that is mithyA. There is no pot apart from
Brahman, viewing it as different is giving it an independent existence and
such an entity is mithyA.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan