[Advaita-l] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!?? - Samanvaya

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 07:48:06 CDT 2016

Sri Venkatraghavan Ji,

Reg your observation  << 1) Brahman is nimitta kAraNam and vivarta upAdAna
kAraNam of jagat.

2) nAma rUpa in their essential nature are satya, but apart from that are
anritam. We call that mithyA, and you by ignoring the anritam part and
looking only at the satyA part are calling jagat satyam. >>,

I must confess I did not understand  “nAma rUpa in their essential nature
are satya, but apart from that are
anritam.”.  However I will just state my understanding for your info. You
may dispose it off as you deem fit.

In vivarta vikAra, kAraNa alone is satya and kArya is not. It is just that.
Period. There is no scope for any samanvaya with any other view. It is not
correct to say kArya is satya in or as its kAraNa swarupa. Rope is real.
Rope- serpent is not real. It is not that rope-serpent is real in or as
rope swarupa.

Just my understanding and for your info. As I said earlier please feel free
to ignore it if you are not in agreement.

Pranams and Regards