[Advaita-l] Gita Jayanti

Srirudra srirudra at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 00:05:09 CST 2015

DearSriJaldhar
This day -21stNovember-is observed as Vaikuntha Ekadasi .In Tamil Nadu all Vaishnava temples celebrate this day from early morning.The devotees go through a door called Swarga vasal after the Uthsava deity of that temple passes through that door.This door is closed on all days and opened only for this Ekadasi day.
In some Panchangam it is also denoted as Bhishma Ekadasi.
To know that it is also celebrated as Geetha Jayanthi adds to the sanctity of the day.
Thanks for the information.R.Krishnamoorthy.

Sent from my iPad