[Advaita-l] Grammatical question about Mundaka 2.1.1 bhashyam

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 22:40:31 CST 2015

Namaste Sri Praveen Mahodaya

You yourself have given the Tikakara's words

 TikAkAra Anandagiri glosses over the व्युत्पत्ति of the
word विषय as विषीयते विशेष्यते विद्याऽनेनेति व्युत्पत्त्या विषयशब्दस्य
वस्तुपरत्वान्नपुंसकलिङ्गत्वं ।

In this the Anyapada in the Bahuvrihi is Vastu. Vastu is Napumsaka
Linga word in Sanskrit.
Therefore it is AparaVidyaa Vishayaha Yasya Vastunaha Tat Vastu
AparaVidyaaVishayam.

I cannot see what is the problem in accepting Bahuvrihi Samasa with
Vastu as Pradhanapada?

--
Regards

-Venkatesh