[Advaita-l] History & Culture of Indian People

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Oct 2 23:37:44 CDT 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013, Venkata Subramanian wrote:

> Hi All,   I came across a 11 volume series on Indian History, by
> Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan.   I just wanted to know whether it is worth
> buying - for I couldnt see critical views about it in the NET....   Any
> comments from our friends here...is it overall authentic ........fit one
> to buy and preserve ?!

I finally got a chance to go to the library today and I took a look at a
few volumes of this book.  Overall it is ok.  The major criticism I would
make is that it was written in the 1950s and much scholarship has taken
place since then so if you do decide to buy it, do not take it as the
final word.