[Advaita-l] Seeking clarification on Rigveda recitation

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Nov 25 21:53:35 CST 2013

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Kindly clarify whether we have to recite following Riks with deergha
svarita or svarita :

01.  vAya ukthebhirjarante tvAmachhA jaritAraH - (ashtaka -1, adhyAya-1,
sUkta-2, varga-3) here 'bhir' in ukthebhiH should have deergha svarita or
svarita??
02.  nAsatya vruktabarhishaH - (ashtaka-1, adhyAya-1, sUkta-3, varga-5)
here also same doubt whether barhishaH should have deergha svarita or
svarita??

Liwewise in 'manurhitaH' (sUkta-13) manurhitOgne (sUkta-14),
dhyubhiraktubhirhitaM (sUktka-34, adhyAya-3)

In printed version of Kannada Rigveda saMhita (Ramakrishna Mission
publication) these mantra-s have only 'svarita'.  But my teacher asked me
to make correction.  But when I heard 'saMhita' recitation elsewhere, only
'svarita' used while reciting these maNtra-s.  I think we cannot say it is
pAtha bedha, because 'svara' itself differs in these maNtra-s.  Kindly
clarify.  My special request to Sri Vidya prabhuji and Sri Ananda Hudli
prabhuji.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar