[Advaita-l] Reply to Sri Vidyamanya Tirtha's observations

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 06:56:44 CST 2013

Namaste,

IMHO, Limited efforts cannot give unlimited result.
Jnana is not obtained by any process. A-jnana is removed.

Adi Shankara also authored Dakshinamurthy stotra.

'Dakshinamurty', the name itself says everything :)

Karma prepares one to get Jnana or for doing nidhidhyAsana, atma chintan.
Karma.

One may argue, meditation is also a mAnsika karma. If one meditates, one
will know that it is s journey from effort to effortless.

After initially chanting OM, OM continues by itself. You do not need to
chant OM. In this way meditation becomes just awareness, awareness into
source of OM. You are not doing everything.

Sri Ramakrishna says, 'Initially, a nAvika has to do much effort and fight
against the wind. But after nAvika, aligns the cloth (ShaDa) of his sail
boat with wind he will sit down, relax and smoke hukka :)

It is said that initially, the path is like poison, but later practise
becomes nectar.

OM

Sujal

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna