[Advaita-l] Eka jiva vada and nana jiva vada

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Fri May 10 00:01:34 CDT 2013

Namaste,

////

When you are seeing a Snake in Rope you will say I am seeing a Snake. Ayam
Sarpaha. In this Ayam is Brahma or Sat only. Sarpa is Asat.

When you seeing a Rope you will say I am seeing a Rope. Iyam Rajju. In this
Iyam is Brahma or Sat. Rajju is Asat

///

Why are you getting confused with the "bhrama druSTAntAs".

It seems advaita siddhAnta is not your cup of tea.  The recent mail of Sri Subbuji regarding how to ask questions and seek clarifications from competent acharya is a part of sAdhana only.

It is not that we all have become great sAdhakAs and advaita paNDitAs but atleast before getting into serious study of advaita shAstra, one should set the basic concepts straight.

Do puja, swAdhyAya and upAsana first.  Simultaneously, start a serious study of dakshinamurty stotra under a good teacher.  It seems, the result of your confusions is due to self-study without basic understanding.

BTW, hats off to Sri Sadaji for his patience in explaining !!

regs,
sriram