[Advaita-l] I am Alone in the Universe?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 00:11:00 CDT 2013

Namaste
On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM, S Srivastava <sksrivastava68 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In Eka Jeeva Vadad we have to think like this. I am always dreaming.
>> These people are only in My dream.
>

> Sir: There is no point in forcing you to think like this. It does not help.
Vedanta is telling us this Universe is a big dream I have created. I
am saying what Vedanta is saying and we have to think like this. I am
not forcing to think like this.

This thinking is good because it will help to remove confusion in the mind.

In the big dream I have created I have two choices. Let the dream
continue or make it end.

What will happen if it will continue? Then I want dream to be good. It
should not make me unhappy. Why I should suffer in my dream? I don't
like it.
If you ask anybody when he is sleeping will he like to have bad dream
or good dream? Invariably he will say good dream only.
Then I have to follow Dharma Marga. If I don't follow the dream Dharma
books are telling me I will suffer in my dream. Following the dream
Dharma
I can enjoy the nice things in the dream. I will be happy.

But the dream Vedanta books are telling me I can continue the dream
and keep it good.  If I want to end it I have to realize the Brahma.
This Brahma is me only.
To realize Brahma I have to go to the dream Guru and get his
instructions. Then I will realize Brahma and dream will end.

It will not help thinking  I am Brahma now. Why should I go to dream
Guru? If you are Brahma now why you are still dreaming? Why is the
dream not ending?

> The truth of the statement is to be seen clearly so that there is no need
> to think in a specific manner. Once I have seen clearly that the sun gives
> us light, I do not need to remind myself all the time by thinking that the
> sun gives us light. Once it is seen, it is over. And if I have not clearly
> seen that the sun gives us light, then no amount of thinking in a
> particular manner will make me understand this.
Unluckily we cannot simply say we know it is a dream. Now we have
realized. The LITMUS test is this one. If you see everything as a
dream why you are still dreaming.
A person is sleeping at night and dreaming. At that time he gets a
feeling this is a dream. Then he will wake up. You cannot continue in
the dream if you know it is a dream.
It is not possible to dream like this.

> Adding another layer of belief on top of existing beliefs is not helpful.
> Hopefully with the help of a sadguru and right understanding of shAstra,
> there will not be any need for any contrived thinking. It will be seen as a
> fact - not as a concept.
Yes.

> If you have seen so far you will inevitably also see that the Universe is
> in me.
>
> I am not in the Universe. The Universe is in me.
>> I have Created the Universe. Brahma cannot
>> create Universe.I have created Ishvara and..
> Yes.
>> I am worshipping the dream
>> God.
> No. I am not worshiping any God. I am complete as it is.
Again LITMUS test. If you are complete why you are still dreaming? You
cannot say I know it is a dream and I am dreaming. Both cannot be
true. If you know it is a dream you must be AWAKE. There will be no
more dream.

Like following Dharma also we have to worship the dream God. The dream
God can also help us like the dream Guru. He can give good things to
make dream happy or he can do Marga Darshana.

> Although there is a body-mind organism that continues to worship or not
> worship a God.
Yes. True.

>> If I want the dream to end I have to go to dream Guru and get
>
> instructions in dream Vedanta. Then I will realize I am Brahma.
>

> I have nothing to gain either by continuation of the dream or by ending of
> it.
If you are realizing this very truly there will not be a dream. You
will be awake. Are you awake?

> There is an apparent jIva that has issues with the dream and wants to
> control it according to his plans. He wants to realize that he is Brahman.
> However as soon as he realizes it, he is no more.
Kindly see above.
>> Then
>> this big dream will end. This is Moksha.
>

> "I" awareness is not dreaming anytime and jIva will never see the end of
> this dream because jIva himself is a part of this dream. As soon as the
> dream ends, jIva is no more to enjoy his moksha.
Kindly see above. If you are enjoying Moksha now you will not be
seeing any dream. Both cannot happen.

>> Then I will be Brahman. Again
>> I am Alone.
>

> Even now I am Brahman. Even now I am alone.

Again Litmus test. If you are Brahman you will not see the dream. Why
you are still dreaming?

> It is only a phantom that insists that it is otherwise. It is only this
> phantom that suffers.
Brahman will not make any statement. Because Brahman cannot say
anything. There is nothing to say.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh