[Advaita-l] Can Jivan Mukta become bound again a if he offends Ishwara?

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 01:55:08 CDT 2013

Hare Krishna. What is the sastra (shruti) pramana that a jIvan muktA will not become bound again whatever he does after self-realisation due to prarabda and purva karma vasana? I found the following smrti verse, which says that a jivan mukta will become bound by karma if he offends the lord!

jévanmuktä api punar bandhanaù yänti karmabhiùyady acintya-mahä-çaktau bhagavatyiaparädhinaù

The jévanmuktas again become bound by karma if they commit offense to theLord, possessor of inconceivably great energies