[Advaita-l] Interest Collection is Wrong according to Dharma?

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 02:45:56 CDT 2013

Hare Krishna Sri Bhaskar!
There is no mathematical model to accurately predict stock movement which is why financial astrology is considered as one possible solution. My intention in bringing that up was to state veda karmas that produce practical results are ignored.

Which smrti says, " yatra nAryastu poojyante ramante tatra devatAH" ? I'm all for a dharma but it is non-trivial to achieve. In Rupa Gosvami's scheme of devotional progress you get rid of kama krodha etc. in the fourth stage - sraddha, sadhu sanga, bhajana kriya, anarta nivrtti, asanga / asakti, nishta, ruchi, bhava (and sthayi bhava) and prema (and adi prema, maha prema). At the stage of sthayi bhava, you have svarupa jnana (knowledge of the self and its relation to Krishna). It is hard to see anyone going past stage 3. Madhusudana gives progressive steps in his introduction to gudarthadipika but don't know if mainstream advaita has or uses such schemes.