[Advaita-l] aruNa prashna & upanishad chanting in evening

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jan 24 06:23:06 CST 2013

My conclusion: Veda cannot be recited after sunset but abhyAsa is
permissable.

praNAms Sri Krunal prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Is this rule applicable also to the saMhita & brAhmaNa portions of veda-s
prabhuji??  And also clarify in mahAnArAyaNa upanishad we find sUkta-s
like durga, nArAyaNa etc. and sadyOjAtAdi pancha maNtra-s which we are
chanting during pradOsha pooja & shivarAtri pooja etc. Strictly speaking
since these maNtra-s are part of the upanishad maNtra-s we should not
chant it after sunset.. Is this practice observed anywhere prabhuji??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar