[Advaita-l] What is Difference between Brahma and Sweetness ?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Feb 25 06:19:41 CST 2013

In principle, by definition there cannot be anything other than Brahman -
including existent entities or conscious entities or ananda-entities.
brahmaarpanam brahmahaviH.. - provides the essence of the above statement.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Yes, in addition to this shruti also say sarvaM khalvidaM brahma, itadAtma
idaM sarvaM etc.  and advaita holds that  for this jagat brahma is the
abhinna nimittOpAdAna kAraNa etc.  So from which stand point we, the
advaitins  say that  jagat is mithyA??  jagat in its svabhAva nothing but
that brahma but brahma does not have the svabhAva of this prapAncha
(something like ring is nothing but gold but gold is not ring)...Somewhere
in sUtra bhAshya shankara clarifies this beautifully, brahma svabhAvO hi
prapanchaH na prapancha svabhAvaM brahma..However there is a stand that
says whenever we talk about jagat kAraNatva, it refers to ONLY apara
brahma not parabrahma since the later is nirvikAri, nirvishesha.  So,
brahmArpaNam, sarvaM khalvidaM, itadAtmya idaM sarvaM, tatsrushtvA
tadevAnuprAvishat etc. etc. refers to ONLY kArya brahma or apara brahma
not jneya brahma.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar