[Advaita-l] Fw: [USBrahmins] Re: Fw: [hc] Reinterpreting Dwaita versus Adwaita by sanjay rao

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 22:12:31 CDT 2012

Namaste

My friend said Advaitis also used foul language to explain Kapyasa in
Vedanta. Yatha Kapyasam Pundarikam Evam Akshini in Chandogya Upanisad.
Adi Sankara is saying eyes like monkey's behind part. Ramanuja heard
it from his Advaita Guru and started crying because they were using
foul language against God. Tears came from his eyes.  They were saying
God's eyes are red like monkey's behind. He gives a different meaning
to Kapi. Kapi is Sun but not monkey. God's eyes are red like the lotus
lighted by Sun rays.

Regards

-Venkatesh