[Advaita-l] Priority of Pramana based on Knowledge Domain

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 17:00:00 CDT 2012

I would like to know if there are specific rules of interpretation the give
higher authority to one pramana over the other based on domain of
knowledge. For example, Vedas tell us that there was creation of life
forms. But (scientific) inference tells us that they evolved. Can we reject
one or the other? I'mnot for a superficial reconciliation that won't stand
scholarly scrutiny and lead us to truth.