[Advaita-l] Namaskar, please .I really need help for some confused

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 18:31:46 CDT 2012

On Monday, March 19, 2012, Ramakrishna Upadrasta <uramakrishna at gmail.com>
wrote:
> 2012/3/19 Rajaram Venkataramani <rajaramvenk at gmail.com>:
>> I don't know why you think that the meaning is forced and unnatural.
Please
>> check the rules of chandas for gayatri in which this mantra is set.
>
> namaste,
>
> If you are referring to the popular version of "hare rAma hare kRShNa
> ..." mantra, it is in anuSTup chandas (=32) and not gAyatri (=24)
> chandas.
>
> namaste
> Ramakrishna
You are right. The Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare Hare Krishna
Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare mantra specified in Kalisantarana
Upanishad is set in anushtup chandas (32).  However, the Hare Krishna Hare
Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
mantra, which occurs in Radha Tantra is set in gayatri chandas (24). From
Radha Tantra: gāyatrī chanda ity uktaṃ tripurā devatā matā. Before the last
eight syllables, it introduces a visargam. Once you chant the mantra three
times, these three combine to form 24 matras.

visargaṃ tu sutaśreṣṭha sākṣāt kuṇḍalinī parā/
rāma rāmeti ca padaṃ śivaśaktiḥ svayaṃ suta/
hare harepi ca padaṃ śaktidvayasamanvitaṃ//44//

The meaning of this mantra is very different from the one in kalisantarana.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/s/?view=att&th=136207fba8560f8f&attid=0.1&disp=attd&realattid=f_gzn4ub8q0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9dcaQ7VYnkOgPpaAScnSPG&sadet=1332199324162&sads=9OjQ7m4KzJcq9R-tY0Fy6wylTJ4&sadssc=1