[Advaita-l] Fwd: ’upAsana' and 'bhakti' part 2

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 05:22:45 CDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] ’upAsana' and 'bhakti' part 2
To: Satish Arigela <satisharigela at yahoo.com>

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Satish Arigela <satisharigela at yahoo.com>wrote:

> namaste
>
> >तस्मात् सर्वशास्त्रविदपि असंप्रदायवित् मूर्खवदेव उपेक्षणीयः says Shankara
> in the Bhagavadgita Bhashya.  Whatever is not approved by the sampradaya is
> not admissible to >Advaitins who follow Shankara.  Outsiders' approval of
> Shankara is not the criterion.  Advaitins are not worse off without the
> appreciation of tantriks.
>

> I see your point and I respect your view. However please see the
> following. Shankara and your good self can combine and say "fire feels
> cold"..on the authority of scriptures and tradition.. but the statement
> will be trashed and put in dust bin simply because it is not true.

The above is just one example of how poor you are when it comes to quoting
Shankara.  Shankara has Himself said: even if thousands of vedic mantras
say 'fire is cold' it should not be taken as a fact.

So what you have said here alone gets trashed and consigned to the dust
bin.

Just as you feel the Shankaravijayam is a bundle of fanciful stories so too
do I feel about your ramblings on tantra and mantra.  This list which
primarily discusses Advaita as taught by Shankara and His tradition is not
the place for the stuff you are coming up with.  Pl. keep them away from
this List and spare the members here the space and time for discussing the
true agenda of this List.

subrahmanian.v