[Advaita-l] Ishwara Turiya?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Mar 14 01:04:06 CDT 2012

It is Hiranyagarbha that is called apara Brahman, which is to be negated
through jnana.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

No, it is Ishwara only negated by shankara in 2-1-14 by using the exact
word 'Ishwara'.  His words are : The brahman conditioned by name and form
set up by avidyA becomes Ishwara, just as universal ether limited as it
were by jars, pots etc. Here in this bhAshya itself, shankara negates
Ishwara's omniscience and omnipotence and clarifies these qualities holds
water only in vyAvahArika realm.  I dont think anywhere shankara talks
about saguNa brahman who is beyond names and forms (nirupAdhika). And the
sUtra bhAshya which I quoted earlier is from 4-3-14.  Kindly refer these
two bhAshya vAkya-s and clarify why shankara explicitly saying here
Ishwara/saguNa brahman is avidyAtmaka & kevala vyavahArika.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar