[Advaita-l] Ishwara Turiya?

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 08:30:11 CDT 2012

As far as I can see, calling saguna brahman apara is based on an incorrect
position that Ishwara in advaita has names and forms. He is beyond names
and forms. And manifests names and forms in the minds of upasaka through
para maya, non-different from Him. You cannot negate Ishwara because He is
jnanamaya.

It is Hiranyagarbha that is called apara Brahman, which is to be negated
through jnana.