[Advaita-l] Ashwamedha Yajna in Hasan

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 05:57:58 CST 2012

Namaste

I am trying to prove the Ashwamedha in Doddapura cannot be correct
duration because they did it for 7 days.  Ramayana has said Ashwamedha
will be 3 days followed by other Yajnas. How many days for other
Yajnas like Chatushtoma, Ukthya, Atiratra, Jyotishtoma, Aptoryama,
Abhijit and Visvajit? What is total duration of these Yajnas? It may
be more than 4 days. If so the whole complicated Ashwamedha Yajna
cannot be done in 7 days. This I am trying to prove. I read somewhere
Agnishtoma can be 5 days. The Soma drinking is on the 5th day. They
drink it in 3 sessions. One in the morning, one in midday and one in
the evening. The ending is the Avabhruta bath. The first four days are
only preparations for the 5th day. The 5th day is very important
because they drink Soma on that day.

What is Apastamba Srauta Sutra opinion or Baudhayana Srauta Sutra opinion?

--
Regards

-Venkatesh