[Advaita-l] Apoureshyatva - Faith or Logic?

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 00:47:43 CDT 2012

Dear Sri Bhaskar,

I have a lot of respect for Sri Vidyasankar myself and it is unfortunate that it is he is making these points. It is the force of the theory of biological and linguistic evolution.  IMO, these theories are like a deaf man describing a movie without the sabda because I know astrology is eerily accurate, acharyas have displayed unnatural powers beyond science etc.

I'm not setting up anything or knocking - have least interest in doing so. He says sabda was with whoever or whatever revealed the mantra to the rishi. That does not help. If people don't know gayatri, they can't chant it in sandhyavandana etc. It is not my argument but (my understanding of) periyava's. Also, sabda is not a vastu. It is a pramana.