[Advaita-l] ’upAsana' and 'bhakti'

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 28 09:05:19 CST 2012

> To begin with:
> The position that you hold i.e. upAsana = bhakti is not new to me. If you want, I can show you scores of quotes supporting your position.. so I am quite familiar with it.

It seems to me that everyone on this thread associates different meanings
with the words upAsana and bhakti. When talking of how upAsana = bhakti
in a generic sense in advaita literature and how bhakti = jnAna in a specific
author's works, it would be best to clarify what one means by these terms
and what influences one's understanding of these terms.

Vidyasankar