[Advaita-l] Madhusudhana Saraswathi and Advaita.

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 25 05:48:14 CST 2012

Sir,

My intention in quoting that kArikA and the bhashya was only to show that
the concept of Bhakti is well enshrined in the Vedic/Advaitic tradition and
not an addition from some other system at a later point of time.  Shankara
says that 'apart from the Ultimate Truth, the Vedanta has laid out upAsana
and karma too to cater to the less-equipped adhikArins so that they too
can, by adopting these means, rise up to the level of
understanding/appreciating the Ultimate Truth.  The Veda and the Advaita
Acharyas know very well that the difference between the jiva and Brahman
that underlies upAsana and karma is only a temporarily accepted feature for
the enabling their practice and that in the absolute terms there is no
difference of whatever kind.

Regards,
subrahmanian.v
By his rational analysis of the different schools of thought including the "Upasana""(I donot want to use the word Bhakthi,because it is not found in the karikas,we can discern that Gaudapada is pointing out a greater Truth,the "Ajatavada" through the "Asparsha yoga"which is "sarva sattva sukkham hitah".In this way he is different from Madhusudhana Saraswathi,Acharya Gaudapada goes further.
N.Srikanta.