[Advaita-l] Naam sankirtan

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Feb 13 05:13:08 CST 2012

Karma anuShTanam is recognition that I am never a karthaa while all
obligatory karmas are being done.

praNAms Sri Sadananda prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Yes, I do agree karma what we do should elevate us to the nishkAma or
karma yOga.  The essence of H.H. dialogue is very simple. To the question,
is there any 'substitute' for veda vihita karma and can one do 'something
else (like nAma saMkeertana) instead of doing veda vihita karma since both
are serving the same purpose (chitta shuddhi) ??  His answer is an
explicit 'NO', it is simply because for karmAnushtAna and svadharma,
shAstra is the only pramANa and veda vihita karma-s are not optional but
an obligatory injunction  as long as one stays in his respective Ashrama.

In short, do nAma samkeertana instead of watching cricket matches on TV
but NOT at the cost of your daily sandhyAvandana & svAdhyAya :-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar