[Advaita-l] Naam sankirtan

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 04:24:00 CST 2012

Bhaskarji - PraNAms

Just reflecting.

Naama sankiirthanam obviously involves naming which follows knowing since one cannot name without knowing. However, Brahman is anaamikam - nameless.One can say all names belong to him or no name belongs to him. That requires clear understanding of the nature of Brahman or the self that I am. I am amused by the discussions on jnaana and bhakti - and that the bhakti is eternal. What is eternal or nityam is only Brahman where there is no division of deity-devotee relationship since it is ekam eva advitiiyam.

 Hence naama samkiirtanam involves revelling in that knowledge aham brahmaasmi - It becomes akhandaakaara vRitti. In that sense during and/after sandhyaavandanam one should do naama sankiirtanam. Karma anuShTanam is recognition that I am never a karthaa while all obligatory karmas are being done.

Hari Om!
Sadananda